This award
definately is not awarded to me. With this cold weather my kids are going crazy and feel the need to whine about the smallest thing. Yesterday I was pulling my hair out by 8 in the morning and I decided we needed a game. Grandma Sandy bought
Braxton these great tunnels that pop up and connect so you can crawl through them and I decided that would be perfect for a cold day. Eventually they got bored and made a new game, tunnel boy. They would put the tunnels over their body and walk and call themselves tunnel boys.
Braxton was having so much fun until he tripped and hit his head on the ottoman. He started crying and I just assumed he was whining again and didn't think much of it. Then he started screaming and I decided I probably better check on him. I pulled him out of the tunnel and blood was running down his face and hands. He had smeared it everywhere. I grabbed him and a towel and applied pressure and the cut just sealed up, thank goodness. Katelyn cut her eye in the same spot and had to have stitches so thankfully we didn't have to go through that.
Braxton kept saying ow and his head was turning black and blue so I gave him some
motrin for the pain and a nap. I then folded some laundry and started a new load and came to unload the dishwasher and found the
motrin bottle empty. So we called poison control and learned Brennen would have to drink two full bottles of
motrin to be poisoned. Poison control probably has a whole file on me by now. I have had to call them a few times to say the least. The scariest time is when Katelyn, who was then three, ate
decon. We learned that it thins the blood and you die from internal bleeding. So anyhow this mothers day I will not be getting any mothering awards, especially from the poison control! But hey, at least my kids are healthy (most of the time) and happy!
6 comments:
Oh poor Braxton I hope his head gets feeling better! And you are such a good Mom :) hehe but i totally know the feeling! Cute background by the way :)
Poor little guy. I hope he feels better soon.
I love the new header picture. Your kids are getting so big.
Oh that is a good Idea for a game I would say that we would try it but I don't need anymore stitches' bill... Let's get the kids together to play -k-... Give Braxton's head a big kiss from us!!!
So was Brennon pretty mellow and relaxed for awhile?
I am so glad I'm not the only on who has poison control on speed dial. I have also found an 1/2 empty bottle of motrin. Isn't it crazy how much they have to drink for it to be dangerous. Don't beat yourself up to much. Just chalk all the bumps and bruses up to memories!!! LOL!!!
Oh HannaH!! I need some new picture here!!
Post a Comment