Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Thanksgiving?

I walked into Wal-Mart a week ago (yes, I have been there several times since) and guess what? Christmas music is playing. My kids became so excited and of course we had to go walk through the Christmas isles which have been set up since before Halloween. I bought a new tree skirt but Hello!!! It is not even Thanksgiving yet. Thanksgiving is a wonderful holiday and at our house it gets lost somewhere between the costumes and the Christmas music. Except the food of course, that never gets lost at our house, YUM! This year we are going to make a blessing book. It's not going to be elaborate. I am going to,of course, Wal-Mart and buying a small scrapbook, you know the kind with the cardboard feel pages. My kids are then taking the camera for a few days and taking pics of all our blessings. We have one of those cameras that the pic immediatly comes out of the camera, I have no idea what they are called. My kids think it's magic. But a digital would work just as well. Then we'll just glue them in the book and on Thanksgiving when we go around the table and talk about our blessings I will write down what they say about each one, after the big weekend I'll add in the rest of the pics I snap add a little journaling and wala (seriously, sometimes I wonder if I ever learned to spell) a finished book all about Thanksgiving. Oh, I almost forgot, most of this book will be created on a Monday and I'll get two birds with one stone. Yeah!!! If you have any other grand ideas I would love to hear them.

5 comments:

Elder Nicholas Sinks said...

What a fun idea. I would try this but I would be scared of what pictures would be taken by teenagers;) I love the Lil' Spooks picture in upper right corner. I didn't see Bren that night because he was back at the car:) You have such cute, cute kids.

Joe and Ellen said...

That is such a great idea! Thanksgiving totally gets lost at our house too. I might have to try this. Your blog is so cute and your kids are just adorable. I love that we can follow your fam!

Joe and Ellen said...

HannaH this is my favorite place to get fun ideas for the kids. It's called familyfun.com. They have the best ideas all year long!

Robert, Melanie and fam said...

Ahhh I'm so jealous!! Disney land that will be so much fun for you guys!! I think that your Thanksgiving idea is great!! What a smart and wonderful way to get your kids to realize all the things we have been blessed with! So smart!

The McClellan Clan said...

thats awesome!! Its sounds great. You are so cute, and I bet your kids love having you as a mom!!!

Followers