Thanksgiving was YUMMY at our house. I have to say my favorite part is the yams but my Dad's fried turkey is giving it a run for the money. If you have never tried deep fried turkey you are really missing out, it's WONDERFUL! So the food was good but when it came time for the day after rabbit hunt things got a little crazy. Ryan and Brennen got everything ready to go and Ryan went out to load the
four wheeler. Well, the ramp broke and the four wheeler flipped on top of him and pinned him underneath. He was in the drive way so when he came down he hit his head on the cement and knocked himself out. Luckily my dad was closing the gate to the field and heard it happen. I was in the kitchen and saw my dad running across the backyard and knew something was wrong. (I didn't know my dad could run that fast) My dad got the four wheeler off of him and he got up. Ryan said he was okay he just needed to sit down. We came in the house and he started asking who got the guns out. Oh great. He had a
concussion and could not remember anything. I thought it might clear up so we waited to go to the hospital but after starting the same conversation over every two minutes we decided it was time. At the hospital they just watched him for a while and the nurses were laughing because every two minutes like clock work I had to explain to him why he was there. I was talking to him to see how much he had forgotten and when I told him we were going to Disney Land he got so excited. I have to say it was pretty scary there for a bit when he couldn't remember where he worked or what he did. He kept saying he knew he had a job but he didn't know if he was supposed to be there or what he did. He didn't know that Casey and Emily were having a baby, so that was big news. He couldn't remember Thanksgiving at all and still cannot remember most of Friday. All the tests came back great and other than a majorly sore body he is fine. Oh and Megen he is still not sure if certain things really happened!
LOL!
3 comments:
You are so mean if you teased him! Just kidding--just glad he's OK! Are you decorating for Christmas yet? Do you need me to watch your kids so you can?
Oh my goodness! How scary!! Can he remember things now? I'm glad he is okay! I can't believe you guys are going to Disney Land in 3 days!! YEAHHHHHH!!! How exciting!
So after I read your post on my blog about your jeep I didn't feel so bad anymore about my van! I can't believe it was in the shop for 3 MONTHS!! What in the world!! What was taking them so long to fix it!! Now that would have been really frustrating!! Ugh!!
Oh HannaH I'm so glad Ryan is o.k. That is a really scary thing!
Post a Comment